Do you feel like your ears have suddenly become plugged up? Do you hear a constant ringing sound? Or do you just feel like you can’t hear as clearly as you used to? It may be time to get some answers; the first step is to have a hearing test. We’re pleased to offer free hearing screenings. If you would like a more in-depth diagnostic test, we offer insurance billable hearing evaluations as well that tell us more about your hearing difficulties and in what part of the ear the problem of hearing is occurring.
Audiology is a real science, one that requires both careful understanding as well as access to the right instruments and equipment. At Syracuse Hearing Solutions, you can get a Free Hearing Screening or Diagnostic Hearing evaluation from a licensed Doctor of Audiology, someone who will take the time to listen to your concerns and then test your hearing using the most advanced tools. Contact us today to learn more.
Hearing Screening vs. Hearing Evaluation. What’s the difference?
A Hearing Screening is usually the first step in determining if you have hearing loss.
It is a simple pass/fail test consisting of a series of different tones that someone in your age group with normal hearing should be able to hear with no difficulty. Based on the results, we know whether or not hearing loss is present, but the extent of your condition is still unknown.
Fortunately, there is a more extensive test that provides our Doctors of Audiology with data regarding the type of hearing loss you have and indicates where it takes place in the ear.
A Hearing Evaluation, also referred to as a Hearing Diagnostic Test, tells us the extent of the hearing loss.
It consists of many little tests that look at different parts of your ear and test different aspects of your hearing. The whole aim of the Hearing Evaluation is to provide us with a set of results to help determine exactly where the hearing loss takes place in the ear and the severity of it.
A Hearing Screening is usually the first step in determining if you have hearing loss. It is a simple test consisting of a series of different tones that someone in your age group with normal hearing should be able to hear with no difficulty. Based on the results, we know whether or not hearing loss is present, but the extent of the condition is still unknown. That’s when a Hearing Evaluation or Hearing Diagnostic Test comes into play. It consists of a series of tests that look at different parts of the ear and test all aspects of hearing. Through these tests, we are able to determine where in the ear hearing loss takes place and the severity of it.
For a more complete evaluation, you may be interested instead in our Diagnostic Hearing Test:
Why Choose Syracuse Hearing Solutions?
Syracuse Hearing Solutions LLC is your best resource for hearing aids in Central New York. Some things that set us apart:
- We have the widest selection of any hearing aid provider in town.
- We provide a three-year loss, damage, and repair warranty on most hearing aids.
- We offer all-inclusive hearing aid care packages, which include a 45-day trial period, a lifetime supply of batteries, rechargeable hearing systems, and all consumable items (tips, wax filters, etc.).
- We are happy to provide our clients with a number of options to meet their hearing needs and their budgets; this includes upgradable starter hearing aids for just $499 each.
- We provide same-day drop-off and pick-up hearing aid cleaning services, providing you convenient options for keeping your hearing aids working as intended.
- We provide a full spectrum of hearing aid repair services.